Enter the Fairest of the Fair Contest
2018 APPLICATIONS ARE NOW AVAILABLE!
Listed below you will find instructions relative to the County Fairest of the Fair Contest, also the score card upon which the candidates will be judged in both the preliminary screening and final judging.
Date and Time: Thursday, July 19th at 7:00 PM (time subject to change, you will be notified if time changes).
Place: Kenosha County Center Building (corner of Hwy 45 and Hwy 50). No guests or visitors allowed in the building. Come in business casual attire.
The scoring is based equally in the following categories:
- Personality and Attitude
- Maturity and Professionalism
- Speaking Ability
- Poise and Appearance
- Involvement and Activities
- Overall Impression
On Thursday, July 19th, the semi-finalists will be notified, after the judging has been completed and scores have been tabulated.
The semi-finalists will be judged on Monday, July 23th at the Kenosha County Center at 7:00 PM (time subject to change, you will be notified if time changes). The 2 finalists selected as Fair Royalty, from which the Fairest of the Fair will be chosen, will be notified on Monday evening.
Two separate panels of judges will be used, one on Thursday evening and the other on Monday evening.
Apparel for the coronation should be formal. It does not have to be floor length, but should be a cocktail dress, prom dress, etc.
- The judges and Fair Royalty will go out to dinner at 6:00 pm on Wednesday August 15th were the final decision will be made.
- The judges will make their final decision at 8:30 Wednesday, August 15th.
- The Fair Royalty will be introduced and the crowning of the Fairest of the Fair will take place on Wednesday, August 15th, at 9:00 PM at the Show & Sale Arena.
- The Fairest of the Fair will keep the crown for one year. Changes for Fairest in 2019: In 2019 we will be crowning a new Fairest of the Fair in March and they will have a reign from March to March. With that being said the 2018 Fairest of the Fair will not have their reign cut short but will reign together throughout the summer helping to promote the fair as well as be at the 2019 fair. This change comes with the hope that the Fairest will get more time to prepare for the state competition as well as represent the fair they promote.
- The Kenosha County Fairest of the Fair will compete in January at the State Fairest of the Fair competition held in the Wisconsin Dells.
- The finalists selected to Fair Royalty will be awarded various gifts.
- The Fairest of the Fair will be awarded a lifetime membership to the Kenosha County Fair.
- The Fairest of the Fair will be awarded a $500 Scholarship.
The purpose of the Fairest of the Fair program is to promote the enormous variety of opportunities available in Kenosha County, such as, educational, agricultural, social, and economic. You must be poised, mature, outgoing, articulate, and sensitive to all types of people and be able to withstand long hours of work while remaining pleasant. You must have excellent public speaking skills and be able to adapt to any situation, and be dependable and professional in the performance of your duties.
For the duration of the 2018 Fair, the Fairest and court are to be present daily (Thursday, August 16th through Sunday, August 19th) from 9:00 AM to 9:00 PM. Duties include attending the various judging, handing out ribbons, opening the Grandstand Entertainment, and being involved in many other aspects of the Fair.
After the Fair is over there are various other activities throughout the year. (We do take into consideration those that may be attending school out of the area) however you are expected to attend as many of the functions as possible promoting the Kenosha County Fair. Examples include: Twin Lakes Liberty Fest, Bristol Progress Days, Pleasant Prairie Days, DARE activities, Memorial Day Parades, and compete in the Fairest of the Fairs state level in January.
Please fill out and return three copies of the Official Entry Form and two additional pictures (making three total pictures with the first picture you sent in) and return them to the Fair Office by July 16th , 2018. If you have any questions you can contact the Fair Office at 262-862-6121.
Please mail entries to: Kenosha County Fair, P.O. Box 96, Wilmot, WI 53192
Committee: Dawn Barranco, Jenny Happ and Madison Fenske