ENTRY FORMS MUST BE RECEIVED AT THE FAIR OFFICE
BY FRIDAY JULY 28, 2017 AT 4PM
DOWNLOAD 2017 Open Class Entry Form – Click Here
Open Class – Youth Division
The Kenosha County Fair has an open class youth division for persons 5 – 12 years of age who are not enrolled in an organized program (i.e. 4-H). Children can enter categories such as photography, baking, cultural arts, clothing, knitting/crocheting and Home Furnishings. This is an excellent chance to compete against kids your own age!
This is a great way for children to become involved and exhibit at the Kenosha County Fair! In addition the Kenosha County Fair offers classes specifically for special needs children. See page 36 of the fair book.
Open Division 150 – Open Class – 2017 Specials
“A Barn Good Time” – Class S
1st – $50.00 * 2nd – $25.00 * 3rd – $15.00
- Vegetables – A wooden crate of at least 5 vegetables, fruits or herbs grown by the exhibitor. No larger than 18” x 18”. No other accessories may be added.
Exhibit accepted Tuesday of fair week: Noon – 8PM
- Flowers – A composition utilizing an item found in or around a barn. Rules for Department 115, Division G – Compositions and Arrangements apply except there will be no niche or backdrop allowed and dimensions cannot exceed 20” wide x 20” deep and 18” high.
Exhibit accepted Friday of fair week: 9AM – Noon.
- Cultural Arts – Create a barn roof weather vane. Any materials permitted, except perishable food. Exhibit accepted Tuesday of fair week: Noon – 8PM
- Photography – A photo of a barn. Photo must follow the other rules in the Photography Department. Must be 8” x 10”, mounted on 14” x 14” black mounting board. Exhibit accepted Tuesday of fair week: Noon – 8PM
- Foods & Nutrition – Bake & decorate 1 barn cookie. Cookie must be no larger than 12” in diameter. All decorations must be edible. Exhibit accepted Wednesday of fair week: Noon – 8PM
- Home Furnishings – Use fat quarter material (given out at 2016 Fair or can be purchased at Fair Office) to make a farmer’s market tote. Can incorporate fat quarter with your fabric stash. Size to be no larger than 20” x 30”, rectangular or square. Follow the rules in Department 127 & 128. Exhibit accepted Tuesday of fair week: Noon – 8PM
1. Informal – Breakfast in the Barn
2. Dinner – Camouflage or Blaze Orange
3. Children’s – Candyland
4. Garden Party – Garden Tea Party with Fairies
5. Gatherings – Church Ladies Pot Luck
6. Picnic – Recycled or Flea Market Finds
Division 101—Dairy Cattle
Division 102—Beef Cattle
Division 114—Plant and Soil Science
Division 115—Flowers and Plants
Division 116—Natural Sciences
Division 118—Cultural Arts
Division 125—Foods and Nutrition
Division 127—Knitting and Crocheting
Division 128—Home Furnishings
Division 129—Senior Citizen Classes
Division 156—Open Youth Classes
The ribbons awarded by the association will be as follows:
CHAMPION – Purple
FIRST PREMIUM – Blue
SECOND PREMIUM – Red
THIRD PREMIUM – White
FOURTH PREMIUM – Pink
ENTRY BLANKS MUST BE RECEIVED AT THE FAIR OFFICE BY
4 PM on FRIDAY JULY 28, 2017.
LATE ENTRIES ($1.00 PER ENTRY)
ACCEPTED UNTIL TUESDAY OF FAIR WEEK AT 6:00 PM
NO CHANGES WILL BE ACCEPTED AFTER THAT DATE.