ENTRY FORMS MUST BE RECEIVED AT THE FAIR OFFICE
BY FRIDAY JULY 27, 2018 AT 4PM
Open Class – Youth Division
The Kenosha County Fair has an open class youth division for persons 5 – 12 years of age who are not enrolled in an organized program (i.e. 4-H). Children can enter categories such as photography, baking, cultural arts, clothing, knitting/crocheting and Home Furnishings. This is an excellent chance to compete against kids your own age!
This is a great way for children to become involved and exhibit at the Kenosha County Fair! In addition the Kenosha County Fair offers classes specifically for special needs children. See page 36 of the fair book.
Open Division 150 – Open Class – 2018 Specials
“See “EWE” at the Fair” – Class S
1st – $50.00 * 2nd – $25.00 * 3rd – $15.00
Division SS – Fair Theme – Special Project
Build and decorate a miniature display depicting a nursery rhyme with either lambs or sheep in it. All items on display must be made by exhibitor. Please identify the nursery rhyme. No larger than 18″ x 18″ x 18″. Display must be on a base that can be easily moved. Exhibit accepted Tuesday of Fair Week: Noon – 8PM. entries will be judged Wednesday, approximately 1:00PM in the Open Class Building. Entries will be judged on creativity.
- Vegetables – A sheep made up of 5 or more fruits, vegetables or herbs (may be purchased).
Exhibit accepted Tuesday of Fair Week: Noon – 8PM
- Flowers – A bouquet of hydrangeas. Any color or mixed colors. 5 or more stems arranged in a vase or container viewed from all sides.
Exhibit accepted Friday of Fair Week: 9AM – Noon.
- Cultural Arts – Create a sheep using any materials except perishable food. Exhibit accepted Tuesday of Fair Week: Noon – 8PM
- Photography – A photo of one or more sheep. Photo must follow the other rules in the Photography Department 120. Must be 8” x 10”, mounted on 14” x 14” black mounting board. Exhibit accepted Tuesday of Fair Week: Noon – 8PM
- Foods & Nutrition – Bake & present a display of multiple cupcakes representing a sheep. Base size maximum is 18″ x 18″. Exhibit accepted Wednesday of Fair Week: Noon – 8PM
- Home Furnishings – Use fat quarter material (given out at 2017 Fair or can be purchased at Fair Office) to make a gift item for an infant baby shower. Can incorporate fat quarter with your fabric stash. Size to be no larger than 20” x 20”. Exhibit accepted Tuesday of Fair Week: Noon – 8PM
1. Informal – Fast Food Fantasy
2. Dinner – Japanese Sushi Dinner
3. Children’s – Teddy Bears & Toddlers
4. Garden – Into the Woods
5. Birthday – Forever in Blue Jeans
6. Picnic – Bo Peep’s Picnic
Division 101—Dairy Cattle
Division 102—Beef Cattle
Division 114—Plant and Soil Science
Division 115—Flowers and Plants
Division 116—Natural Sciences
Division 118—Cultural Arts
Division 125—Foods and Nutrition
Division 127—Knitting and Crocheting
Division 128—Home Furnishings
Division 129—Senior Citizen Classes
Division 156—Open Youth Classes
The ribbons awarded by the association will be as follows:
CHAMPION – Purple
FIRST PREMIUM – Blue
SECOND PREMIUM – Red
THIRD PREMIUM – White
FOURTH PREMIUM – Pink
ENTRY BLANKS MUST BE RECEIVED AT THE FAIR OFFICE BY
4 PM on FRIDAY JULY 27, 2018.
LATE ENTRIES ($1.00 PER ENTRY)
ACCEPTED UNTIL TUESDAY OF FAIR WEEK AT 6:00 PM
NO CHANGES WILL BE ACCEPTED AFTER THAT DATE.